Tough times continue on Spring Garden Hakim Optical on SGR closing in January, the 6th highest retail rents in Canada. On an up note though The Works has been reopened by head office.
Over on the Twitter feed was counting down the 5 best sandwiches in HRM and here were the results
- 5. Sullys in North End Halifax, their smoked meat is the closest to Montreal you can get and great service
- 4. Kaisers the Sackville institution, who perfected the assorted sub 30 years ago and haveseen no reason to change that
- 3. A tie. Kel's mixed meat sandwich piled high, sadly Kel's closes in 9 days and Pete's Frootique their craved sandwiches areloaded with real food but the Lamb with mint jelly is fab
- 2. Ciboulette Cafe on Barrington, home of metros best panini's and the Meatloaf one is the standout of the crowd
- 1. Salvatore's Meatball Hero - everything from scratch and made with an extra dash of love, this bad boy cant be beat.
though I may have cursed something as this discovery was mad not long after I made the list
The NSLC opened a new outlet this new LEED certified outlet in North End Halifax on Novalea is a nice addtion to the neighbourhood, also a note next door Sully's has closed up their shop and will be reopening on Agricola in a few weeks
Mic Mac Mall turned 40 on Thursday
Thanks to sack-vegas.com
we know that for the first time in years a Mr. SUB is returning to HRM in the Beaverbank Rd Needs
What's for Supper have vacated their newish Hollis st location and set up shop in the School of Theology on Francklyn
Hummingbird MediSpa has gone under all their HRM spaces are available for lease
I reported that NSLC was opening a boutique in Dartmouth's Russell Lake Sobeys, but in fact it is private wine seller Harvest Wines who are moving their Bedford Highway store to Dartmouth. THis will be the 1st private liquor store in Dartmouth.