0:00 Papa Gino’s Restaurant
- Oh Papa Gino’s, Halifax has come so far though I do miss the building where the Mariott Residence Inn is today.
0:32 High Liner
- Not the finest of High Liner commercials, “Ever been to see Billy?” but High Liner still hawking their frozen fish today.
1:02 Pizza Delight
- “Nobody Loves You Better” wow that commercial is 80’s overload, and Pizza delight was still unappetizing.
1:33 Crown Real Estate Ltd. (First Lake Estates Sackville)
- 30 years later only going for ~$160,000 today.
1:58 Bud McDonald Pontiac Buick GMC
- I’d buy a new Firefly for $7700, all 3 cylinders of it’s greatness, Bud McDonald has since made way for Wheatons and the MetroLink station in Sackville.
2:29 Chebucto Ford
- still hanging on but soon to move to Portland Street and become MacPhee Ford, will they still be CRUSHING the competition?
2:59 Miss Murphy’s Business College
- Wow, just wow!
3:30 Super Loto
- Suuuuuuper Loto , Corvette Convertible. (the emphasis is all wrong on that)
4:02 Gordon Shaw Concrete
- Still in biz with the flashier name of GS Concrete, and no longer making precast stairs.
4:33 Nova Scotia Tourism
- sad thing is except for the adding Theodore in i suspect they would make the same AD today
5:03 Casino Taxi
- best jingle ever, I remember trying to dial 429-6666 late one night of drinking when I was in Ontario!
5:32 Ben’s Bakery
- Whoa, if I change the U in Buns to and E it spells Bens, Mind Blown!
5:49 Cindy’s Restaurant
- tapping in on the perceived fame of Pap Ginos Cindy we get Cindy’s cajun “What dat’s not my bill”.
6:18 TK’s Carpet
- This to me is the embodiment of 80’s Halifax and TK’s is till going.
6:49 Yellow Pages
- Ha, a lot has changed in the last 30 years.
7:20 Scotia Square
- still open but more of a convenience for the towers above than a shopping destination, though they do have an awesome food court.
7:51 Mad Man McKay’s
- Crazy Special effects.
8:23 Reliable TV
- yikes that Stereo was $1000 before the interest.
8:53 Creighton’s Food Brokers
- these ads used to always make me sleepy that were just so boring, or the exciting one about Austral canned peaches. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
9:24 MacPhee Pontiac
- now MacPhee Chev after the changes at GM but still a huge dealer, used to always bug me as a kid why Mike McPhee would have a dealership and call it MACPhee.